Launched in June 2010, the Viriya Children Medical Programme (VCMP) helps children who requires long term medical care from the SingHealth hospitals. The programme was subsequently expanded to all the medical institutions in Singapore.
VCMP also works closely with the parents and caregivers to meet the needs of the family, including the siblings of the direct beneficiary to ensure that their care and developmental needs are not compromised.
- Financial assistance to help with the increased cost due to medical needs.
- Casework to identify and meet varying needs of child and family.
- Caregiver support activities such as support group, self-care programmes.
- Family bonding activities to improve family relationships and resilience.
- Social and recreational activities to build mutual support network.
- Singapore citizen or Singapore permanent resident (PR). If he/she is a PR, at least one immediate family member must be a Singapore Citizen.
- Age 16 years old and below (at the point of application).
- Certified by a registered medical doctor as requiring long-term medical attention (i.e. of at least 6 months).
- Gross monthly family per capita income of $690 or less.
Successful applicants are provided with S$100 worth of assistance per month and can be further supported by other VCS’ programmes and services.