Viriya Community Services respects and values the privacy of all stakeholders, including our members, employees, clients, partners, donors, volunteers and potential employees.
VCS defines Personal Data as any identifying information and may include, but not limited to the list below:
- Residential Address
- Contact Details (personal telephone number, email address etc.)
- Date of Birth
- NRIC number
- Passport number
- Marital Status
- Others e.g. medical, educational, financial etc.
- Data Protection Officer
Viriya Community Services has appointed a Data Protection Officer to perform the following roles:
- Internal Policies and Practices
Viriya Community Services has developed and implemented policies and practices to comply with the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (Act 26 of 2012) (the “PDPA”).
- Availability of Information
- Withdrawal of consent
For withdrawal of consent for any of the purposes stated, a Withdrawal Notice has to be sent to the Data Protection Officer at contact details provided in Section 1, giving reasonable processing period of at least 30 days. The Withdrawal Notice should include the following information.
- Name and identification number of the person requesting for withdrawal of consent; and
- The purpose(s) that has previously been consented to, for which you wish to now withdraw your consent for.
- Access to personal data
For access to personal data provided to Viriya Community Services, an Access Request has to be submitted to the Data Protection Officer giving reasonable processing period of at least 30 days. Upon receipt of the Access Request, Viriya Community Services shall provide the individual with the following information:
- Name and identification number of the individual requesting for access; and
- Specific personal data about the applicant that is in our possession or under our control; and/or
- Information about how the personal data has been or may have been used or disclosed by Viriya Community Services.Viriya Community Services shall charge an administrative fee for the Access Request. This will be based on the incremental costs of responding to the Access Request and providing access to requested personal data. Viriya Community Services possess the discretionary right to decide on the administrative fee and shall inform the individual before processing the submitted Access Request.Under the PDPA, Viriya Community Services is not required to provide you with certain categories of the information listed in the sixth schedule of the Personal Data Protection Act.
- Correction of personal data
- An individual who wishes to correct an error or omission has to submit a “Correction Request” to Viriya Community Services giving reasonable processing period of at least 30 days. Viriya Community Services will correct an error or omission and send the corrected personal data to every other organisation to which the personal data was disclosed by Viriya Community Services within a year before the correction, unless the other organisation does not need the corrected personal data for any legal or business purpose. The corrected data may be sent only to specific organisations to which the data was disclosed by Viriya Community Services, if the individual consents to it.
- Where it is satisfied on reasonable grounds that a correction should not be made, Viriya Community Services shall not make the correction but will annotate the personal data in its possession or under its control with the correction that is requested but not made.
- Viriya Community Services shall also not alter an opinion, including a professional or expert opinion, and exceptions from correction as listed in the Sixth Schedule of the PDPA.
- Care and protection of personal data
Viriya Community Services shall make reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks.
- Transfer of personal data
For the transfer of personal data to another organisation or data intermediaries within Singapore, Viriya Community Services shall ensure that the process complies with the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act. Viriya Community Services shall also include the use of agreements to ensure comparable levels of protection of the personal data in the transfer process. The other local organisation shall ensure its compliance to the Personal Data Protection Act.For the transfer of personal data overseas, Viriya Community Services shall include the use of contractual agreements with the organisations involved in the transfer to provide a comparable standard of protection overseas.
- Personal Data Protection Commission Singapore; and