Project New Leaf
Project New Leaf (PNL) provides youths with a second chance to turn over a new leaf and pursue their dreams.
PNL helps youth with conspicuous stigmatizing tattoos move past their past mistakes and pursue pro-social development opportunities towards positive youth development. The project supports the youth desire to change according to an individualized care plan through case work; focusing on enhancing family and social relationships, reintegration into mainstream education or work, and to enhance the youths capabilities to manage life’s challenges through better decision making and greater sense of responsibilities.
The project has the following components:
- Individual case work with youth, including his or her family to address challenges faced by the youth;
- Community work engagements to enhance the youth’s social emotional competency and sense of responsibility towards and belonging to the society; and
- Professional tattoo removal to remove conspicuous stigmatizing tattoos that pose barriers to the youths’ desire to turn over a new leaf.
- Age below 21 years old at time of enrollment into PNL;
- Demonstrate sincere desire and commitment to change;
- Able to obtain consent from at least one parent or legal guardian; and
- To qualify for the professional tattoo removal service, youth must commit to the full process of removal of the identified tattoos and must agree not to get any new tattoo(s) at any part of the body while in the project.
To find out more or join the programme, please contact us by filling up the contact form below: